Purpose of this Blog

This blog is a place for us to share our thoughts with others as well as a place for us to visit and remember. Our other blogs describe our comings and goings, events and work but here is a place to know us and see our thoughts. They will not always be profound, deep, or even serious but they will always be true to our hearts. I hope looking at our journey will bless you along yours...

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Time to Pack...

Here we are again after all these years heading back to Guatemala. It really hit me today that I am flying the airplane down to Guatemala in just under two weeks and the family moves down there one month from today. This time will be very different. The kids are nearing adulthood and we will be out in the rural area instead of the city. Relationships with Americans will be much fewer and the conveniences of madern living will be few as well. We are meeting very specific and vital needs for the ministry there (1. creation of a school tailored to the unique needs of the childrens home. 2. aviation support to provide access to multiple weekly city appointments in a 22 min flight instead of an 8 hour round trip drive 3x per week 3. Discipleship and mentoring needs...). We believe God is leading us there for specific purposes for each of us as well as for us as a family.

Everything is supernaturally falling into place very last minute as is God's typical MO with us. There are many more things that need to fall into place in the next month including, house repairs and finding a renter, storage or elimination of all our stuff, final required upgrades to the plane, forms and permits for international aviation, support to come in for the family, and many other things...

Following and trusting God is by very definition a sketchy path because it is a path beyond my control. It is a path that depends on God doing things I cannot do myself. It is also a path of discovery, learning things about God and myself that I can learn no other way. I am both nervous and excited to see what God has in store for us.

2 comments:

Dora Haddox said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, Son. Very well written.

I am excited and happy for you and the family taking this time to go to Guatemala while at the same time anxious at how your dad and I will handle you and Heather and kids not being close by...

You all are going with God which is very comforting

Mom

Dora Haddox said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, Son. Very well written.

I am excited and happy for you and the family taking this time to go to Guatemala while at the same time anxious at how your dad and I will handle you and Heather and kids not being close by...

You all are going with God which is very comforting

Mom