Purpose of this Blog

This blog is a place for us to share our thoughts with others as well as a place for us to visit and remember. Our other blogs describe our comings and goings, events and work but here is a place to know us and see our thoughts. They will not always be profound, deep, or even serious but they will always be true to our hearts. I hope looking at our journey will bless you along yours...

Friday, February 14, 2014

What is "Luxury"?

I knew I lived in luxury when I lived in the States because I own three cars and a trailer, I have more than one bathroom, and a gourmet kitchen with 7 bedrooms in my house.  In Nicaragua, luxury to me became a My own kitchen, fridge that worked without being shut with a chair, hot water, any car (all things I didn't have).  Here in Guatemala, luxury has become running water without turning on a light switch, a heater, a washer (or dryer) (All things we don’t have here).  To many locals living here and in Nicaragua luxury to them may be a cement floor, windows with glass and refrigeration (all things I still have, but what I’ve seen missing around me).  Luxury itself isn’t evil, but it is relative to what you have or don’t have.  What’s important is to remember whatever you have may be luxury to someone else.  We’re giving thanks for the luxuries in our life today! 

-Heather

No comments: