Purpose of this Blog

This blog is a place for us to share our thoughts with others as well as a place for us to visit and remember. Our other blogs describe our comings and goings, events and work but here is a place to know us and see our thoughts. They will not always be profound, deep, or even serious but they will always be true to our hearts. I hope looking at our journey will bless you along yours...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Coliding worlds...

Year's end is typically busy and stressful for people but it seems to be gearing up to be a collossal converging for us. I am reminded of my earlier post of the converging of great need and great action when the Israelites were up against the red sea. This December finds me starting a new business, finishing an old contract by a Dec31 deadline, finally getting our package together for adoption and teaching a class at church while trying not to get laid off by my job.

This has the makings of being a huge milestone of God's provision for my family but it also has a possibility of becoming a huge disaster. I know the Lord is in control but my stress comes from not knowing if His direction for us lies in disaster, miraculous success or just a whole lot of nothing.

I must take even more time off work to finish the contract which will pull me out of critical, job keeping loops at work, which I may not need if the business flies after about a year of rampup. I only need to keep my job until after the homestudy for the adoption (they don't like to see the insecurity of "self-employed"). If everything continues in the direction it looks like it is going then no timing could be more perfect (a pattern we have seen over and over in our lives). Murphy reminds me though, that nothing continues as planned and the ramifications of failure or poor timing is a failed adoption, failed business, loss of life savings and loss of job all in a market that makes recovery near impossible. Much is at stake for us this season. 

There are times of greatness that you can see coming on the horizon, unsure times that may turn out to be great blessing or suffering but like an unstoppable tidal wave in the distance, it is coming nonetheless. This will be a great moment for us one way or the other. My responsibility is to make sure it is marked by and remembered as a time of great faith in God and his choices for our life instead of faith in self.

Lord give us the strength and foresight to keep knowledge of and intimacy with you as our goal and the end of our being...

No comments: